Wednesday 27 August 2014

27 August 2014


What if I said I give love so easily because I’m a little too eager?

Because I’m tired of being lonely for someone else,

Sick of having his absence written all over my skin

Or I told you my heart is too heavy for my body to carry?

So my weary feet drag on the ground

That I’m a better friend than I’ve ever been a lover?

His distance makes my heart weak

My mouth can barely speak

I’m disappearing and there’s just this loneliness consuming me

Tola stopped writing in her journal and pushed it under her pillow. She started her day with a regular feeling of exhaustion of living. It was becoming a tedious chore. She lay back on the bed and let her mind wander back to the leather seats of his car and his scent as she buried her face in his shirt while he held her.

No comments:

Post a Comment