Saturday 27 October 2012

Yesterday


You can call this whatever, but its true all the same. Its as real as today is. Yesterday, I was living in hell, you  know the kind, dark shadows, deep emptiness and persistent hurting. I have lived many lives but that one seems hard to be forgotten though it all seems like a dream, just bits and pieces come back to me now. I was in love so deep I hated myself, hated everyone except you. It was so deep I was ready to become whatever you wanted me to be and I would beat myself so when I failed. Extreme heights seemed to be an understatement when all I did was hit rock bottom. I remember crying myself to sleep each night. I remember your eyes filled with scorn telling me you were tired, sick of my tears. I tried to believe you actually loved me, but you would only hold my hand when u broke my heart. I wanted lies. I wanted fake love. I was so desperate to hear those three words even if they were false, but you couldn’t even give me that. I stuck around still, couldn’t bear the thought of life without you. So I lived with the piercing pain in my chest and uncertainty. Death seemed more attractive than the life I lived for you.
Now its all different. Now I'm putting down these words without giving into tears or breaking down inside. There is peace , there is calm. I am a better person. I am stronger. I thought it’d take forever to get over you but all it took was one day. Now I look into your eyes and feel nothing. , even now when u come around to torment me but all I feel is pure disgust. It took you and all those terrible years I thought I loved you to realize I’m worth something. Now I love myself. Now I love to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment